Applying for Funding
We invite organizations to submit project proposals to us for funding. Categories
of project proposals should be "Social", "Educational", or "Religious/Cultural".
focus of these categories is described in our charter
Completed forms and/or inquiries may be mailed to email@example.com
Guidelines for the format of
the proposal are:
- Name, address of organization, and contact person
- Brief history of organization (previous projects and accomplishments)
- Context of proposed project
- Description of proposed project
- Who will it affect ?
- What need does it fulfill ?
- References in local community (if available) who can describe the impact of the project
- Financial details
- Breakdown of costs by category
- Funds provided by co-sponsors (if any)
A template form is also provided here for your convenience.
Once we receive a proposal, we go through a due-dilegence process.
This essentially involves:
It may be sometimes necessary for us to contact the submitting organization
for additional information to complete the due diligence process.
- Checking credentials of the submitting organization. If the organization is Indian,
it is asked to submit
Further, an officer of GKF visits the site of the organizations activities,
and gets an idea of the day-to-day operation of the project of interest
- Its Trust formation deed
- Proof of its Sec 80G clearance from Indian government (that specifies that it is a tax-exempt charity in India)
- Proof of its FCRA clearance (that enables the organization to receive funds from outside India)
- Four years of audited financial statements
- An affidavit stating that the organization is a charity, and does not have any political affiliations
- Checking whether project goals meet GKF objectives
- Cost analysis of proposal
If the due dilgence works out, we put an agreement in place
with the submitting organization that:
The project is funded after the agreement is in place.
- Specifies the level of funding
- Establishs steps for monitoring progress of project (intermediate reports, possible site visits, and a final report)
Templates for other forms are here.